- Information for Parents»
- Nursery class 2021-2022»
- Useful Resources for Parents and Children»
Useful Resources for Parents and Children
Please find below a list of websites and links containing resources we would recommend in preparing both you and your child for starting Nursery.
- Open University provide a great article about reading aloud with your child, below there is also additional information about this on the 'Supporting Readers at Home' poster.
- Hungry Little Minds is a government campaign set up to encourage language development, communication & early learning skills. This link has lots of learning through play suggestions as well as recommendations on the best learning apps to support your child in getting ready for Nursery.
- White Rose Maths provide some great early years home learning ideas, all based around stories.
- 'Top tips for developing talk' can be found here.
- Advice for bilingual families can be found here.
- BBC offer some great teaching resources for younger children;
- Kingston & Richmond are putting their Chat & Play sessions online this Summer – they are opportunities to chat to professionals about speech, language, emotional development, physical skills etc.
- Use this fantastic downloadable e-book called 'Staying Home' to explain Covid19 and the current situation to your children.