English & Maths
The information below outlines how we teach English and Maths at St Mary's.
English at St Mary's
Please read our Literacy Policy here.
Below you will find a range of information about how we teach English across the school;
- How we teach Phonics at St Mary's
- Year 3 & 4 Spellings
- Year 5 & 6 Word List
- Year 6 Spelling Summary
- 100 High Frequency Words
- 200 High Frequency Words
- Reading Focus Texts 2019/20
Parents may find these links useful when helping Children with English;
- Grammar Glossary for Parents
- Spelling Activities - a range of ways to learn spellings.
- Below we have also included some information on how to encourage your children to read.
Maths at St Mary's
In 2020/21 we introduced Key Instant Recall Facts (KIRFs) in Maths. KIRFs were introduced to improve mathematical key fact recall across the school. Please find information about what KIRF's are and how we introduced to all year groups below.